Maybelline Lemonade Craze Palette
First thing’s first; I love the packaging. It screams summer & lemonade & anything happy, bright & light. Please note: I tested this palette out twice before this review/filming of my YouTube video. You can purchase your own palette, here.
I started off my Lemonade journey by swatching each color on my bare arm. Hardly any color appeared so I primed my arm with my Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer. I’ve included a Maybelline campaign photo (source: Amazon) and my photo (sorry it’s awful LOL) for reference, below:
The shadows appeared after application, however, I could tell each varied in formula as some swatched chalkier/lighter/less pigmented than others. This may sound bad off the bat but I’ve found a lot of palettes have different consistencies in their shadows & not all of the colors were chalky so I was confident I could find a way to make this palette work! Plus, a swatch is usually helpful in identifying quality but is not always accurate as shadows may apply better on the eye with the use of a brush.
Here’s the breakdown:
- Colors are fun! This is a beautiful palette for anyone looking to test out the colorful waters.
- Shadows are buildable & blendable as long as you have patience & are willing to put in the work!
- There was minimum to no fallout on my face after shadow application
- There is a good balance of matte and shimmer shades – perfect in achieving multiple looks!
- Shadow pans are a nice size – perfect for any size brush/finger/etc.
- Shadows lasted 10 hours and did not fade or crease! (be sure to set w/ setting spray)
- Shadows are chalky and dry – left my eyelids feeling tight HOWEVER this could be useful for people who have oily eyelids
- Shadows can blend into almost nothing if not enough product is used/blended too hard
- Significant fallout in the pan – could cause you to go through shades faster
- You get 12 shadows for only $13.99!
- If you have dryer skin make sure to moisturize your eyes before any application
- Be sure to prime your eyes! Use an eyeshadow primer – concealer works but not as well IMO! This will help bring out the pigmentation of each shadow
- Craving more pigment? Apply shadows with a damp shadow brush
Overall: I don’t absolutely love this palette but I’m excited to see a new, fun palette available in the drugstore! I will totally use this palette until there is nothing left of it, however, it is not a low-maintenance palette by any means – you need to put in work to blend out each shadow so that your completed look is not chalky or dusty. The colors are so fun & in the end, I really love the look I created.
Do you own this palette or plan on buying it? Let me know in the comment section below ❤