If you follow along my YouTube channel, you know I am working on a series of skincare videos where I talk through my trustee products & how I use them. I decided to streamline my blog & YouTube channel, helping you have all the info you need in any format you desire.
I live for review videos & often find myself walking around Ulta, Sephora, Target, etc with my headphones in (if I have them) watching review videos, fast forwarding & rewinding to find that exact product Tati or Nikki or James Charles mentioned in whatever shade they use – often times getting frustrated or at the very least, some stares.
From now on, I will be featuring all the information used for my videos, here on My Fortune Finds! I hope this helps 🙂 SCROLL TO WATCH MY YOUTUBE VIDEO ❤
Skincare Series: Morning Routine
Morning Routine Summary: Your morning routine should consist of multiple layers of protection; against the sun, free radicals, anything that might cause harm or irritation to the skin.
Everyone has different skin care needs. What works for my skin may not work for your skin. I’m not saying this as a way of saying “don’t hate me if you don’t like these products” – I’m saying this to get you to take a step back and think about what YOUR skin needs.
For example, I have combo to try skin. I don’t breakout often but I have dry skin & fine lines. My top 3 morning skincare concerns are:
- Calming – I get red around my nose and mouth due to hormones but it can be made worse with harsh products. Solution: Chamomile & cucumber extract
- Sun Protection – this should be on EVERYONE’s list. So there you go, add SPF to your concerns.
- Free radicals are unstable and reactive molecules have an unpaired electron in the outer shell of an atom. This lonely electron damages the skin by trying to grab an extra electron from atoms in the skin. This causes damage to our skin’s DNA that can speed along skin aging; change in skin color, dark spots, wrinkles, sagging, broken blood vessels, etc.
- Everyday air pollutants
- UV rays
- Up to 80% of free radical damage is caused by the sun (1). Always wear a broad spectrum SPF!
- Lack of sleep and exercise
- Alcohol / Tobacco
The answer to free radicals? ANTIOXIDANTS! They donate electrons to free radicals so that it does not have to come from the skin. Eat foods w/ vitamin A, C and E and use a serum packed with antioxidants.
- Cleanser – Grown Alchemist Gentle Gel Facial Cleanser $39
Very gentle, doesn’t strip skin of everything – great for sensitive skin. Chamomile
Must have for me. My skin gets patchy & extremely red if I wash my face more than 1x a day. Now I am able to wash my face morning & night – hallelujah
- Toner – Grown Alchemist Balancing Toner $34
To apply in the morning, I take a few drops and press them into the skin rather than using a cotton round, which can cause irritation and redness around the mouth and nose.
Rose, ginseng and chamomile, alcohol free – calming
Aloe vera to tone and sooth the skin and vitamin c to fight off free radicals
- Serum – NARS Optimal Brightening Concentrate $74 / All skin types
Creates luminous skin while brightening your overall complexion. Vitamin C evens skin tone and prevents/repairs signs of aging. Noni fruit extracts boosts cellular energy helping skin to stay young. Also helps fade dark spots.
Oil free, alcohol free.
- Moisturize – NARS Luminous Moisture Cream $64 / Normal to dry skin types
24 hr hydration. Creates a luminous base
Bio-hyaluronic Acid helps reduce fine lines by hydrating softening and comforting the skin. Beed Bud Extract helps boost collagen production and potent anti-oxidants help combat free radical damage. Skin is youthful and radiant.
Oil free, alcohol free.
4A. Moisture / SPF – Neutrogena Visibly Even Daily Moisturizer w/ SPF 30 $13.49 / Combo-normal
I have repurchased this at least 4 times and have a bottle at home, at the office and at my boyfriend’s – that’s how much I love and need it!
Great for sensitive skin, does not clog pores like most SPF lotions. Helps brighten and evens skin tone while protecting against UV rays.
Contains Essential Soy – skin brightener to help reduce blotchiness and discoloration, minimizing the look of dark spots. Non-greasy, fast absorbing
- Eye Cream – Fresh Rose Hydrating Eye Gel Cream $41
30 hours of continuous moisture. It feels so cool and wonderful under the eyes. I like to leave this in the fridge to make it even cooler – plus the cold also helps to depuff the eyes.
I also apply this before my makeup. It helps insure my concealer does not cake or dry up near the inner corners.
Rosewater helps soothe
Golden root extract offers antioxidant protection – free radicals
Hyaluronic acid helps attract and maintain moisture to enhance suppleness
Cucumber extract helps to calm and cool the skin
- Primer – NARS Radiance Primer $36 w/ SPF 35
My new primer! Oil free, alcohol free, fragrance free.
Revives dull, fatigued skin. Has a pink hue which leaves skin radiant and absolutely beautiful.
Sunscreen beads release on contact to further help protect skin